This is shaping up to be a great year for me. Here are some updates:
- Presto Ballet has been on a hiatus of sorts, as Kurdt Vanderhoof has been busy with Metal Church again. However, we're far from inactive, as we're getting set to film the first video for the Relic album and talking to promoters about booking shows later this year. And we're back in rehearsals this month!
- Powertrain is cooling it on the writing as we almost had an album's worth of material by the time Off The Rails came out - we had to give Op a break on the mixing! But we recorded a couple of cover tunes for fun and we're also getting into the video thing, Kendall has dived into it and is making some great films. Look for us to spice up the youtube channel soon!
- I'm excited to be playing with the great Randy Piper in his new project! We're doing some recording right now, and picking songs for the set list. This is a very talented band, and it's going to seriously kick ass!
- I'm also excited to be playing with Pamela Moore, who has a great new CD coming out soon, called 'Resurrect Me". Wait'll you hear this, the music is modern and melodic and very heavy. It is really going to make people sit up and take notice!
- I'm very much looking forward to getting in the studio with my former Heir Apparent and current Powertrain bandmate (and my PR guy!) Jeffrey McCormack, as we're providing the rhythm section for shred guitar virtuoso Gabriele Palermo on his new solo project. Gabriele plays with Germany's Tragedian, that you should check out if you haven't yet. Excellent musicianship!